I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Drum Roll Please!

And the self induced plateau has ended!!!!  I am down 2lbs this week to land at 195.  I am so thrilled.  Amazing isn't it?  Go to the gym, plan out healthy meals and you lose weight?  Who would have thought?  :o)

I decided that this week I was going to start throwing in an extra day at the gym.  My mom is retired so I asked her to come by Monday morning and I went to a 9:30am Pump class.  I came home feeling invigorated and positive.  It is amazing how just an hour of exercise can start of your day.  As long as my mom is available, I am definitely going to continue going Monday mornings. I'm looking forward to seeing how this extra day at the gym will in turn affect my weight loss.

I definitely have to give some props to Body pump at Goodlife Gym.  I love, love that class.  It's a great class for a fat, lazy person because there is no jumping around.  Horrible thought isn't it?  But that is definitely what my thoughts were when I started doing this class.  Now, I love how strong it makes me feel.  I notice differences in my body much faster than if I was just doing aerobics.  I also have a great instructor who makes me laugh and makes me push further when I think I can't go on.

2 month update
Since it has been just over 2 months since I started this new lifestyle I thought I would update a bit.  I've gone from 212 to 195, size 20 to a size 16.  I am no longer out of breath running up the stairs.  In fact I could probably run up and down more than once and still be fine!  Most importantly, I am no longer a lump on the couch when my kids are sleeping.  I get stuff done during afternoon nap and still have energy when they go to bed.  You would think losing weight is just that:  losing weight.  In return, my house has been tidier than previously and I've organized much of my house that was in desperate need of organization.  Losing weight has snow balled into all aspects of my life.  And I apologize if this is TMI, but even my sex life has improved.  When you look in the mirror and are disgusted by what you see it definitely affects what takes place in the bedroom.  Losing this weight, being active and watching my body change makes me a happier and more confident person.  I can't wait to see what the next 2 months will bring!

2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

What a great post! I agree with everything you said. Exercise is the start to a healthy relationship on so many levels!

Keep it up.

Christy said...

Awesome awesome awesome awesome. You have made amazing progress and I love to hear about the other changes it's made in your life!