I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Self Induced Plateau

OK.  My weight is the same.  197.  A bit frustrating but I will not use that as an excuse to give up.  Because this is a way of life, not a diet, right?  I had a great week last week.  I only went once to the gym because hubby needed to work late on my other gym night.  I ate yummy salads and healthy breakfasts.  Then came the weekend.  My mother bought McDonalds for me and Ava on Friday for lunch.  I know I could have ordered some healthy thing but the smell of french fries got the best of me.  Saturday night some friends came over for a girls night and chips were involved (on a side note, I have serious issues with chips.  I HAVE to eat the whole bag.  They are like my drug of choice.  This is the FIRST time I have eaten them since I started this journey on Sept 21st so I feel like it was justified).  Sunday morning we met friends at Broadwayy for breakfast.  Who on earth can deny themselves Broadway homefries?????  As you can probably guess, not me. 

So I shouldn't have been overly surprised when I jumped on the scale and it still said 197.  When I did poorly, I over ate with things loaded in sodium.  I guess I just thought my week went well enough that I might even have a 1lb loss.  Don't worry though, I'm over it and have been eating well so far this week.  No more giving up when a day (or weekend) gets the best of me.

I did not go to the gym last night.  Apparently there was some sort of instructors conference and all classes were cancelled.  So instead, I pulled out the Wii Fit.  It had been 18 days since I last used it!  I pushed myself on it and did the long distance run instead of the short run like I usually do.  I did the 6 minute rhythm boxing instead of the 3 min (boy did my arms feel it).  I also got in 32oz of water in the 3 hours after my kids went to bed (plus a glass of wine :o) which I put into my daily calculations).

Today:
Brekkie:
coffee with cream and sweetner
fat free strawberry yogurt with cut up banana and flax sprinkled on top

Lunch
Salad with chickpeas, green peppers, tomatoes and a fat free or low fat dressing
3 clementines

Dinner
Unknown - we are headed to the Trans Siberian Orchestra and are meeting friends for dinner beforehand.  I'm keeping my daily food light to make up for that.

No comments: