I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weekly Weigh In

Surprise, Surprise!  I weighed in Monday morning at 190 lbs!  That is 3 lbs down this week.  Can't say I did anything spectacular in order to get such a great number but I'm definitely not going to complain! 

I do have a confession to make.  I was at the mall with the little ones this morning.  We thought we'd grab some lunch and I was marching toward Subway.  I turned slightly to the right and saw a guy eating poutine.  I got one.  Bad, bad me.  Even though I had great intentions, I should not have taken my eyes off the Subway sign.  Lesson learned.  I think I'll be sticking to a salad for dinner tonight and hopefully burning some of the poutine off at the gym tonight.

I am one pound away from being at my goal of the 180's by Xmas.  With over a week left, I'm hoping I can drop a couple of pounds so that my holiday weight gain won't be so shameful and I can be right around 190ish after the holidays.  I don't know about anyone else, but I do not stick to diets during holidays.  I will eat fudge and cookies.  I will have mashed potatoes and gravy.  But I think the most important thing is to just be aware.  Stick to one serving of the potatoes.  Have one piece of fudge.  Try and eat healthy when you can (like at breakfast and lunch) if you know you'll be going a big crazy at dinner.  So that is my motto this year for the holidays, be aware of everything going into my mouth.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Woo hooooo!! Great job!!

I find the most important thing during the holidays is to stick to holiday eating at holiday meals. The rest of the meals, let's try to stick to eating well. But parties, family gatherings etc... indulge. Christmas only comes once a year. Get back on track right afterwards and for me I can't bring the hoiday goodness into my house or else I will eat it all.

Good luck!!!