I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Who knew I'd be happy about that?

So last night, Ava wanted to do "races".  It basically involved running around the main floor of our house after Ava since she always has to win.  I totally looked at it as unexpected cardio so when my husband collapsed on the couch I continued to race with her.  And you know what?  My pants were falling down!  The jeans that when I put them on a month ago made me have huge muffin tops!  I was so happy my pants were falling down!  lol

My evening wasn't stellar last night.  We had a last minute overnight guest and we ended up eating really late since he was late coming in from New Brunswick.  I was so ravenous, I scarfed down a ton of food.  But this morning, I entered everything in myfitnesspal.com and surprisingly, I didn't go over my daily intake. 

I'm not sure what it is that is making me so determined and motivated to lose weight.  Maybe it has to do with my network of friends who are also going through the same things as me.  It is so reassuring to hear someone else's story and know that there are others that feel exactly the same as you.  Or maybe it is the fact that I'm getting older and I know the weight will only be harder to get off in time.  Or perhaps, it is my 2 girls who mean the world to me and I would hate to see them have this life long struggle.  Maybe I can change their perception of food, themselves and their body by being a living example.

I'm off to the Gym tonight to do my FAVOURITE class ever - Body Jam.  I'm also going to try to squeeze in some Wii Fit this week. 

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so happy we can have each other to talk to, to rely on, to complain to, to rant to, to exchange recipes with - yay, we can do this together!!!!

I agree, it's so nice knowing we are not alone.

Miss Gogo said...

Thanks Christy. Even though you feel like you had been doing poorly lately, you have always been a huge motivating factor for me!