I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Change of Plans

OK, I've decided to sort of change the idea for this blog. Following an old friend, I have been inspired to start blogging my weight loss. I officially started my journey on September 21st (weird enough my wedding anniversary) and have been pretty consistant all week except for lunch today which was Kraft Dinner. But after my one bowl, I immediately put the leftovers in the fridge so i wouldn't be tempted into having any more.

I'm a little disappointed about my weight. I lost weight after having Ava and was down to 180 lbs. I then quit smoking (yet again) and my weight slowly creeped up. A year after I quit smoking and got pregnant, I was at 210lbs. I am proud of my eating throughout my pregnancy though. A month before I had Ella, I had only gained 22lbs. My last month I gained 25lbs but it was due to pre-eclympsia (sp?) so I like to not count that. Within 2.5 weeks after Ella's birth, I was only 2lbs above that pre-pregnancy weight. So at least I am starting this journey no higher than I was almost 2 years ago.

Here's what I have done so far:

-joined Goodlife Gym, my fav gym if I were to love the gym :o) and go at least 2x per week
-joined myfitnesspal.com to track my caloric intake and exercise
-drinking 32oz a day of water (after having a baby, it seems like coffee is the main source of drink so this water is a big deal in my life)
-switch from double double in my coffee to sweetner and double cream (hey, I have to have some vice)
-eat salads for lunch with some sort of protein in it
-cut out the rice or potatoes at dinner, limit it to once per week for each item
-switch from regular beer to light beer. Maybe a weird thing to note but we do get together with our neighbours often for a beer or two so any way to lighten the calorie load is a good thing.
-got a haircut and some new clothes to make me feel pretty even at this weight and start me off on the journey

I'll be sure to update on a regular basis. My weigh in is on Monday and I'm feeling pretty hopeful that the scale will reflect that.

No comments: