I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Not too great

Well, so far the week hasn't been too great.  Much better than any day I had in between Dec24-Jan2 but definitely not like the roll I was on before Christmas.  The good news is that we decided to go to Mexico at the end of March instead of the beginning so I have 4 weeks longer to reach my goal of being in the 170's. 

My usual gym outings are Monday morning, Tuesday and Thursday evening.  Well, Monday was my daughters birthday so I didn't go in order to spend that time with her.  I did go Tuesday night and I can't go again tonight.  We are off to the Blue Collar Comedy.  Can't say I'm upset that I'm missing the gym!  Hopefully laughter will burn some calories :o)

My eating hasn't been on par either.  I did make some steel cut oats last night (which I had for brekkie this morning) so I know breakfast will be healthy for the next few days.  I've been eating pretty healthy dinner as well.  It is the snacking that is getting the best of me.  It is what I am going to work on very hard next week.  That and I seem to have forgotten that water exists.  Coffee and pop and an occassional glass of water.  Starting tomorrow the water will start flowing.  One cup of coffee in the morning and then water ALL day.

I do have to admit, all of the above is affecting me.  I feel tired, lethargic and I feel fat.  When I was eating healthy and exercising I felt energized and I felt good about myself.  And I liked feeling that way.  The holidays are over and it is time to stop acting like I'm on holidays.

No comments: