I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Too Long!

It's been a while since I've posted.  We've all been sick here in our household and I just haven't had the energy to sit here at the computer.  I did weigh in on Monday and was another 2 lbs down.  That is a grand total of 12 pounds since I started this journey one month ago.  I have to say that I peeked at the scale this morning and it is looking good for my next weigh in too. 

I've made a mini goal of reaching 25lbs lost by Christmas.  That's another 13 pounds in about 10 weeks.  Completely achievable.  I kind of hate normally setting goals like that.  My typical goals are "get out of the 200's", then "get out of the 190's" and so on.  But I have faith in myself this time that I CAN stick to this healthy eating for another 10 weeks.  After all, I plan to stick to it for the rest of my life, right?

I'm going to try out these steel-cut oats that another blogger friend of mine recently tried.  I've heard that they are SUPER healthy and fabulous but have not tried them to date since it is a breakfast I have to cook.  Not so easy when you need to get yourself and two kids ready each morning.  My friend cooks up a batch each Sunday and then has brekkie on hand for the whole week.  I'll let you know what I think of them :o)

OH!  Baby crying , gotta run!  I'll try to update a little more this week!

No comments: