I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Monday, May 10, 2010

One Month later....

Funny how you don't realize how much time has gone by since you last posted until you log on :o)

Today I weighed in at 178.  I was literally smiling all the way to the gym.  And who smiles on the way to the gym?????  My BMI is 29.6.  Yeppers, I have gone from being Obese to simply Overweight.  I never thought I'd be thrilled to see "overweight" but I also never imagined I'd be considered obese.

A few things have changed in a big way for me. 

1)  Started jogging.  Also something I never thought I would do but 2 weeks ago I was watching The Biggest Loser (side note:  totally inspirational show but they should put it on in the morning so that you are motivated throughout the day and not as you go to bed) and 350 lb Mike was jogging.  It inspired me so much that I started jogging the next time I was at the gym.  I thought if he can do it, why can't I?  This morning I did 1 minute walking, 1 minute jogging for 22 minutes.  It was tough but I made it through.  I did something that I never thought I'd be able to do and man, does it feel good!

2)  I started getting weekly deliveries of Fruits & Veggies from Ottawa Organics.  This has kept me on track SO much.  My husband was very weary of it since it is a bit pricier than getting regular 'ol vegetables from the supermarket.  He warned me that if things started going bad, we had to cancel.  So instead of having a not so healthy snack, I grab a peach or apple or some other piece of fruit.  This morning I even made watermelon juice.  This afternoon I'm having a wonderful lettuce, arugula, basil salad.  I can really attribute this company for the success I've had in the past 2 weeks.

No comments: