I'm a mom of two beautiful girls trying to get healthy in order to be a good role model.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Getting Ready for the Sale

My husband and I bought a new house. We are so thrilled. It has two car garage and is almost 600 square feet bigger than our current shoe box. YAY! The stress now is selling our current home. And worse.....getting the house ready for show. I have so much crap to go through and cleaning to do. You don't realize all the things you overlook in your everyday life. The dust on the baseboards, the dirt and fingerprints on the front door, etc. OK, so most people might have noticed these things and dealt with them, but I am not a fan of cleaning. Husband noticed the other day that you can see the outline of the Christmas decals that I had on our patio door. He seemed shocked that I had not cleaned the window since Christmas. Oops.

The most exciting thing is going to be that everything will be new and finished!!!! We bought this house as a fixer upper so the past 2 years have been living in a state of renovation. This new one will be brand new with no work needing to be done but paint. Ahhhh, the bliss.

So whats on the menu for tomorrow? Cleaning. I will be the one person who is not chearing TGIF. I'll be saying "damn, I wish it was Monday and all the cleaning was done".

2 comments:

Christy said...

Congrats! That's super exciting!!! Did you buy out in the East end again???

Is it a new house as in being built, or is it a new house that's already ready?

(I'm not a fan of cleaning either, I can't wait to have children because my husband and I decided we will get a housecleaner every 2 weeks once kids arrive, yippee!)

Miss Gogo said...

Yes, it's in the east end again. And new as in being built. They are just putting in the roads right now and will probably be breaking ground in October. I am so excited to pick all the colours and everything.

Cleaner eh? That is so exciting!!!! I'd love to have someone in to clean.